Sunday, July 20, 2008

Long Time, No Blog

As my father has reminded me on numerous occasions (his ability to nag spans continents) I have not written a blog for quite a while. There is not much to say to be honest but to satiate his (and other's) desire for knowledge here is a brief update.

I have been teaching a class of high-school students who have signed up for Wojciech's summer class. It is pretty much the same as the teaching I have done before except that my students English is at a reasonably advanced level so thinking of stuff to teach them is a little more difficult. Apart from that I have been trying enjoy my last few weeks in China. I have been to the tailors for my cashmere suit (for it's completion, I anxiously await!) and have been trying to pick up all the stuff that I either cannot buy in England or that is particularly cheap out here.

Yesterday I went walking/scrambling/climbing in Songshan, the mountainous region close to Zhengzhou. The Shaolin temple is in this area although we did not visit it. In fact my student, his family, friends and I spent about 7 hours trekking a fantastic (although, on occasion, worryingly hazardous) route round the mountains. It ranks among some of the best experiences I have had since I left England and my legs are feeling the burn today.

I am off to Shanghai on Saturday to fit in one last city before I return home, my time is coming to an end.

No comments: